I plan on taking my Cold Iron notes with me, and probably working on fleshing out the rest of the game (that's all in my head right now).
In the interim, I have posted my latest documents on my Cold iron web page.
My first task will be to put together an outline of what is necessary to make a complete game. At a minimum, I think I need the following sections:
- What is Cold Iron all about?
- How do I set up for play? (Setting, how many players, character generation, creature creation, etc.)
- Character generation (I've got a nice reference for folks who know the game, what is needed for someone who doesn't know the game?)
- How do I play? What is the sequence of play? How do you set up a scene? Who sets up scenes? Are there different types of scenes? How do we actually play a scene? I've got some nice rules on how to resolve combat, and how spells work, but how do you decide what an encounter should be? How do you decide how to setup the encounter (distances, who is aware, etc)?
- What are the reward mechanics? How to tune them. How much XP and treasure to give.
Am I missing anything from that?